[Oisf-users] HTTP detections without full stream?

Matt matt at somedamn.com
Wed Nov 7 22:17:26 UTC 2012

Hi, is it possible to use http detection rules in an environment where
Suricata only sees the http request packets?  E.g. there's no TCP
handshake.  I tried just removing the flow keywords, but that doesn't
appear to work.  Here's an example test rule:

alert http $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"Test
Detection"; uricontent:"jpg"; nocase; classtype:trojan-activity;
sid:1111111; rev:1;)

tcp and udp alerts work, so I know I have my net variables correct.

Thanks,

- Matt