[Oisf-users] Inline problems with http_uri

Michael hoffrath at gmx.de
Tue Oct 23 17:15:20 UTC 2012

Hello,

information:
Host: Ubuntu 12.04 64Bit running on esxi 4.1
Version: Suricata 1.3.2
Features: NFQ PCAP_SET_BUFF LIBPCAP_VERSION_MAJOR=1 AF_PACKET HAVE_PACKET_FANOUT LIBCAP_NG LIBNET1.1 HAVE_HTP_URI_NORMALIZE_HOOK HAVE_HTP_TX_GET_RESPONSE_HEADERS_RAW
I insert suricata with iptables which redirects all traffic to nfqueue 0.

I have the problem that i could not match any pakets while using http_uri or other http options.
My rule is: "drop tcp any any -> any any (msg:"index";flow:established,to_server;content:"/index.html";nocase;http_uri;sid:2;rev:2;)" even trying to use this rule from planet.suricata-ids.org "alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"User-Agent abc http_user_agent"; content:"Mozilla"; http_user_agent; sid:2; rev:1;)" it fails.

I have absolut no clue why this happens, maybe someone could give me a clue?

Regards
Michael