[Oisf-users] Windows Installation

Sean Settle sean.settle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 04:55:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm following the instructions to compile Suricata from source on Windows
(v1.3 from May 26, 2012), but it's a bit out of date.  Cygwin now has x86
and x86_64 versions (the links to http://cygwin.com/setup.exe in the pdf
are dead).

Following the guide with setup-x86.exe from cygwin:

It seems that gcc4-core and gcc4-objc do not exist anymore, but gcc-core
and gcc-objc do, which I assume is sufficient.  Automake1.9 is now up to
automake1.14 (it may be easier to just instruct selecting autoconf and
automake because they automatically pulls in the newest versions required),
and that w32api has now become w32api-headers and w32api-runtime.

I don't know what to make of some of the packages using setup-x86_64.exe,
 There are several MinGW versions of the pthreads (no libpthread-stubs),
and both MinGW and Cygwin versions of the w32api packages above.  Would
someone clarify the packages for the 64 bit install?

Thanks,
Sean