[Oisf-users] File carving techniques with suricata

Kevin Ross kevross33 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:22:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

it is excellent and with some scripting you can integrate it with cuckoobox
which if you filter out suspicious files you can analyze
http://www.cuckoosandbox.org/about.html. Although to get accurate carving
sometimes it can be best to redownload the file based on information in the
meta file if you can determine it to be suspicious for you (suspicious
attributes about the file, geolocation, attributes etc).

Regards,
Kevin