[Oisf-users] how to use Suricata with IPS

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 19:52:30 UTC 2013

>   Host:                                    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>   GCC binary:                              gcc
>   GCC Protect enabled:                     no
>   GCC march native enabled:                yes
>   GCC Profile enabled:                     no
>
> it show that NFQueue  not enable, Pls. tell me how to make NFQueue  enable and so I can use  Suricata as IPS

Hi,

I think you have 2 suricata installed. (judging from the provided output)

One is in ->
Generic build parameters:
  Installation prefix (--prefix):          /usr/local
  Configuration directory (--sysconfdir):  /usr/local/etc/suricata/
  Log directory (--localstatedir) :        /usr/local/var/log/suricata/

The other in ->
Generic build parameters:
  Installation prefix (--prefix):          /usr
  Configuration directory (--sysconfdir):  /etc/suricata/
  Log directory (--localstatedir) :        /var/log/suricata/

aka

/usr/local/bin/suricata
and
/usr/bin/suricata