[Oisf-users] Kernel packets drops in AFpacket AUTO mode

Fernando Sclavo fsclavo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 12:24:45 UTC 2013

Hi all.
Trying to balance the load on all CPUs (and finally, reduce kernel dropped
packets) we set Suricata from workers to auto mode. In this mode CPU
consumption y 1/3 than in worker mode, but stats doesn't show packets drops
anymore and couldn't see if there are dropped packets or not.
How can we see packets drops in AFpacket AUTO mode?
And another question: we see one Receive thread per NIC, and sometimes
these threads goes to 100% CPU, is there any way to split them on more than
one as we can do with detect threads?

Thanks in advance!
Regards