[Oisf-users] Kernel packets drops in AFpacket AUTO mode

Fernando Sclavo fsclavo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 17:36:58 UTC 2013

Here are the answers:

Will: as you mentioned, AMD has a technology called "Turbo  core", but I
disabled frequency stepping in BIOS, setting power management to "Maximun
Performance". In this mode, all cores run at 2.70Mhz all the time.

Anoop: is there any repo with dev suricata or I need to compile it?

Peter: I tried Suricata with no rules for about an hour with no kernel
drops (business hour with real traffic)

Victor: disabled all decode, http and smtp events rules as suggested.

Thanks for your help!