[Oisf-users] logging pb

Leonard Jacobs ljacobs at netsecuris.com
Fri Jun 14 17:14:59 UTC 2013

It has been my experience that the fast.log file will only be generated and appear after the first event that gets triggered occurs.  Are you sure the attack you ran will actually generate an alert or drop?

I can almost guarantee if you put your Suricata instance on the Internet that you will get a triggered alert or drop just with background "noise."