[Oisf-users] Restart suricata in IPS mode without traffic loss

Stefan Sabolowitsch Stefan.Sabolowitsch at felten-group.com
Tue Mar 12 11:49:07 UTC 2013

Hi all,
im not a ipfilter  / iptables Guru.

how do i restart suricata without loosing good traffic, currently if i kill the process and restart i lose about 30 seconds of traffic while suricata restarts, not good on an ecommerce site.
I also would like a fail safe nfqueue bypass in case things go wrong, at the moment if snort goes down i also get locked out but its on a cron job to restart if its down for more than 1 minute.

I need some advice please (start / stop script nfqueue and suri)…..

thanks for any help.
Stefan