[Oisf-users] rule understanding questions

Victor Julien lists at inliniac.net
Tue Mar 26 07:20:24 UTC 2013

On 03/25/2013 09:38 PM, David wrote:
> Perfect, here it is:
>
> Date: 3/24/2013 -- 00:34:55 (uptime: 2d, 03h 49m 59s)
> Counter                   | TM Name                   | Value
> capture.kernel_packets    | RxAFPeth11                | 5611583
> capture.kernel_drops      | RxAFPeth11                | 209
> capture.kernel_packets    | RxAFPeth21                | 9107856
> capture.kernel_drops      | RxAFPeth21                | 3575

You have some light loss reported by af_packet.

> tcp.memuse                | Detect                    | 18087936
> tcp.segment_memcap_drop   | Detect                    | 2391

Some more packets are not processed due to memory (memcap) constrains.
Try increasing stream.reassembly.memcap in your yaml.

> tcp.reassembly_memuse     | Detect                    | 33881088

If this is at or close to your memcap, increase the memcap further.

> tcp.reassembly_gap        | Detect                    | 840

This is an indicator for packet loss, caused both by real loss, and
rejected packets because of memcap, checksums, etc. Ideally this is 0
during normal operations.

Cheers,
Victor