[Oisf-users] nfqueue or af_packet for suricata ips

Stefan Sabolowitsch Stefan.Sabolowitsch at felten-group.com
Tue Mar 26 10:01:58 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have here Centos 6 64bit with 3.8 Kernel and everything works without a problem.

you can found this kernel here:
http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml

i need the 3.x kernel version to  --queue-bypass (iptables) and fail-open (suricata) features

an example:
-A FORWARD -i br0 -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 1 --queue-bypass

And please not forget this in sysctl.conf:
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables = 1
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 1
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables = 1
net.bridge.bridge-nf-filter-vlan-tagged = 1

also maybe an important info:
BPF filtering will not work in IPS / nfqueue mode.

Thanks again here for this hints and tips from Victor, Eric and Peter

Regards
Stefan