[Oisf-users] Question on combined protocols

Leonard Jacobs ljacobs at netsecuris.com
Mon May 27 16:08:17 UTC 2013

It did not seem to matter what the flow timeouts for tcp were set to.  Error messages on console still appear when using the SSL VPN.

However, when we have both Linux bridging and af-packet IPS turned on, the SSL VPN works correctly without speed issues even though error warnings still appearing on console.

My concern is will the IPS actually drop packets based on signature despite the Linux bridging also passing the packet from interface to interface?