[Oisf-users] Suricata 1 Thread, Af_packet IPS

Duarte Silva duarte.silva at serializing.me
Sun Nov 10 09:45:28 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

in RHEL based Linux distributions (kernel 2.6.x) AF_PACKET does not have
the packet fan out feature. Hence the necessary update to kernel 3.x.

If you are getting unbalanced workloads in the CPU's under worker mode,
search the list  for "IRQ", "performance","10gbps and beyond". You'll find
threads dealing with such issues.

^^ this is what I can remember from the top of my head

Cheers,
Duarte