[Oisf-users] Unified2 file not growing

Olivier Doisneau odoisneau at payveris.com
Mon Oct 28 17:47:52 UTC 2013

I am new to Suricata and not even sure if this is the right place for my question.  But in short, I have a server with Suricata installed and running and Barnyard2 to push the logs to the mysql database.  All is working fine but I am surprised to see the unified2 file is not growing, Barnyard2 is saying waiting for data but the stats.log is saying that it is moving along.  If I stop and restart suricata, then there is data read by Barnyard2 and successfully pushed out.  Is data being written to another location than the directory in yaml for the unified2 file?  Am I missing something, I imagined that the logs would continue growing all day.

Thanks,

Olivier