[Oisf-users] Unified2 file not growing

Doisneau, Olivier odoisneau at payveris.com
Mon Oct 28 22:56:26 UTC 2013

Thank you for your reply.  I have noticed that all goes well until I start
barnyard2.  It then loads the files once into the database and then the
suricata files stop writing to fast and unified2 files.

The last info in suricata.log is :

28/10/2013 -- 18:50:43 - <Info> - all 2 packet processing threads, 3
management threads initialized, engine started.

28/10/2013 -- 18:53:10 - <Info> - More than 1/10th of packets have an
invalid checksum, assuming checksum offloading is used (401/1000)

18:53 is when barnyard2 started and these are the timestamps on the files
themselves.

-rw-r----- 1 root root   103196 Oct 28 18:53 unified2.alert.1383000643

-rw-r----- 1 root root   457260 Oct 28 18:53 fast.log

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10335595 Oct 28 18:55 stats.log

So even if I want 1 hour, the timestamp of stats.log will keep on changing
but fast.log and unified2 timestamps and sizes are not changing.

Hope that helps.