[Oisf-users] cpu affinity...

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Sep 2 20:18:19 UTC 2013

>> I took this from the SO default and added 10 to the CPU numbers.
>
> Why did you add 10 ?

Because bro seemed to be using the lower numbered CPUs so I thought I would move suricata.

> What is your purpose of doing the CPU affinity?

I thought that by explicitly spreading the processes across the cpus I would reduce contention

> Some cpu-affinity settings are for IPS mode specific.

I am not using IPS mode.

I have suricata, bro, argus, and time machine on a 16 core box with 32 Gb of memory and about 1Gb of traffic. (Intel 10G NICS)

Russell