[Oisf-users] Logging full sessions and HTTP logs concurrently

Edward Fjellskål edwardfjellskaal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:07:59 UTC 2013

https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/issues/120

Snort would be able to do this like:

*alert tcp 85.19.221.54 any <> $HOME_NET any (msg:”GL Log Packet Evil-IP
85.19.221.54 (gamelinux.org)”; flags:S;
tag:session,1000,bytes,100,seconds,0,packets; classtype:trojan-activity;
sid:201102011; rev:1;)*

Its an OK feature... but if it sucks performance, I would leave it out :)
if not - I would love it!

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Cooper F. Nelson <cnelson at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> You can, it just won't log every packet for that flow.
>
> Suricata does have a pcap logging function, but it simply logs
> everything (which probably isn't what you want).
>
> Try using tcpdump.  It has almost zero overhead on a modern kernel.
>
> - -Coop
>
> On 9/18/2013 12:26 PM, Duane Howard wrote:
> > Downside is "yet another service" on my many sensors, which I was hoping
> > avoid. I'm assuming there's no flag to tell Suricata to log to http.log
> and
> > a u2 file?
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Eoin Miller <
> > eoin.miller at trojanedbinaries.com> wrote:

> about.

> not

> capture