[Oisf-users] Suricata on FreeBSD 10, netisr problem

Shirkdog shirkdog at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:48:28 UTC 2014

To look to FreeBSD, you would need to provide additional information.
If there is nothing dumping, kernel dumps, dmesg output, it may be
something specific to Suricata.

Some things from FreeBSD Wiki on Net tuning and Netisr

https://wiki.freebsd.org/NetworkPerformanceTuning

Netisr
Bump net.route.netisr_maxqlen to 2048 or higher value.
This can affect you iff you're doing shaping.
Do NOT use netisr policy other than 'direct' if you can.
Current netisr implementation can't split traffic into different ISR
queues (patches are coming, 2012-02-23).
Every queue is covered by mutex which is much worse than using
buf_ring(9) api (patches are coming, 2012-02-23).

Performance loss of 10-30% was observed on various scenarios (direct
dispatch vs deferred of hybrid).

---
Michael Shirk