[Oisf-users] suricata VMware to ESX migration, now segfaulting

Jay M. jskier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 21:27:07 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I created a OVF of my original fully working setup (running in VMware
10), and transferred to an esx host. OS runs great and I had no issues
reconfiguring the NICs. I'm now using erspan to a virtual e1000 nic
(using kernel drivers for this, currently ArchLinux 3.17.6., may try
latest from Intel next) instead of the USB3 dongle I was using in
VMware.

Anyway, suricata 2.1beta2 is now segfaulting nearly immediately on start:
Suricata-Main[337] trap invalid opcode ip:5409ab sp:7fff08a03b78
error: 0 in suricata[400000+205000[

I'm thinking this is the nic "hardware", as not much else has changed.

I will run a better trace, but thought I'd see if others are running a
similar setup and had any advice? I'm running esx5.5 currently.

Jay
jskier at gmail.com