[Oisf-users] Packet data in JSON

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 17 21:53:44 UTC 2014

On 18/12/2014, at 8:48 am, Andreas Moe <moe.andreas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not a full script that tails the file, but its something. Say if you have some events, and want to look deeper into and you just have the eve.json file.
>
> https://github.com/Maxtors/evepcapparser

nice!

What I would like to do is take a series of packets from one of the higher level parsers and turn that into a single pcap file.  Either from json or from the data table in the database.

The problem is having some automated way of linking the packets to a single event.  So far as I can see each packet is logged as a separate alert.  Is there anything logged that connects them?

Bro does this by having a unique is that is attached to a stream.

Russell