[Oisf-users] http.log + rules meta information

Nikita Kislitsin kislitsin at group-ib.ru
Sat Jan 11 16:28:15 UTC 2014

Hello there!

I'm new to Suricata, and it seems a great system! Would really appeciate
any help with my small question.

Is there any way to include rules meta-information (*msg *field) to
http.log records? I need not only have details about http request/responce,
but also include a reference to the specific rule based on which this event
was recored. Is it possible to combine in one log file this information?

For now I only see the solution in syncronising two separate log files -
fast.log (with event/rule details) and http.log (with details of http
requests). Would be great to come up with something better.

Thanks,
Nikita