[Oisf-users] Performance impact of --enable-profiling

Doug Burks doug.burks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 15:11:52 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback.

To clarify, was that 50% performance decrease with --enable-profiling
compiled in but with profiling disabled in suricata.yaml?

Or is there some performance decrease with --enable-profiling compiled
in and then some additional performance decrease when then enabling it
in suricata.yaml?

I assume your Suricata PPA compiles WITHOUT --enable-profiling?

Thanks!

--
Doug Burks