[Oisf-users] Unable to run Suricata in the IPS mode

Alex Pavlov manhunt234 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 16:55:59 UTC 2014

I fixed the problem. I followed this guide instead to
install Suricata:

http://suricata-ids.org/category/distribution/

The commands that I entered:

sudo apt-get update
&& sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo add-apt-repository
ppa:oisf/suricata-stable

sudo
apt-get update

sudo
apt-get install suricata

sudo mkdir /var/log/suricata

I then configured the suricata.yaml file with the correct
network settings.

The NFQ support was enabled and I was able to run Suricata
in the NFQ mode.

I’m not sure why the NFQ support was disabled previously. Like
I said I’m very new to Linux.

I haven’t created iptables yet nor have I tried to block any
attacks by using my rules. I will do that a bit later.

Regards,

Alex