[Oisf-users] Suricata Clustering

Yasha Zislin coolyasha at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:52:22 UTC 2014

Almost correct. Suricata is running but promiscuous mode is disabled on monitored interface which is a SPAN port.
So in that state, if I try to restart or stop Suricata with kill -15 1234  (where 1234 is the PID of Suricata), it will throw this error.

The problem with OS Clustering, is that Suricata service would have to be restarted.

My goal is to have 0 loss in monitoring. If I have Suricata running on Stand By node, then it could be quick to flip them.

If there are no ideas, I'll have to think more about this.

Thanks for the input.