[Oisf-users] HTTP Logging Update

Duarte Silva duarte.silva at serializing.me
Wed Jul 23 20:03:44 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 23 July 2014 10:49:40 Cooper F. Nelson wrote:
> Do you know if the previous SPAN configuration was adding or stripping
> vlan tags?  If you use bpf filters you need to explicitly set a filter
> for vlan traffic.  Peter Manev wrote up a guide here:
> > http://www.pevma.blogspot.se/2014/06/suricata-idps-getting-best-out-of.htm

Interesting, VLAN tags (we do mirror using VLANs) are being stripped (at least
on the sensors were logging was working, the VLAN counter is always zero).

I will double check it though.

> I never encountered this issue as I use a VACL instead of SPAN, which
> disabled vlan tags by default.

Need to check the switch documentation for any VLAN stripping configuration in
SPAN ports.

Thanks for the tips,
Duarte