[Oisf-users] Rule Sets

Adnan Baykal abaykal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 02:39:04 UTC 2014

Can you guys tell me how many rules are you loading into your Suricata
Instance and what kind of hardware (CPU/Memory) and how much traffic are
you monitoring?

I have a 6 core single CPU with 16GB ram - if I am monitoring a 600MB/s
throughput network, how many rules should I be able to load and process?

my nic is not dropping a single packet, however, when I load about 13K
rules, all the threads are 100% and suricata kernel packet drop goes over
50%. I am trying to figure out if it is my hardware setup or tuning of
suricata that is the problem. (I am running PF_RING)

any info and help is appreciated.