[Oisf-users] I now get good results

Travel Factory S.r.l. mc8647 at mclink.it
Mon Mar 24 13:27:25 UTC 2014

While I was writing in the mailing list and applying the changes you 
proposed I was also taking various tests on my side.
After each configuration change I stopped suricata, restarted it and 
run the 30 wget tests. I did not revert changes after a failed test, 
so they are cumulative.

The last changes I made were:

max-pending-packets from 1024 to 8192 -> errors in test

disabled logging http.log -> errors in test

then I realized that I unloaded and reloaded the driver so I did in a 
# ethtool -n eth7 rx-flow-hash udp4
# ethtool -G eth7 rx 4096
(I already did these yesterday and got errors in test)
and for the first time ever, due to the new ethtool
ethtool -L eth7 combined 63

 From this moment I have all files correctly stored on disk with a 
network load about 400mbit/s.

Now I should revert all these changes to see which is the "magic" 
combination, but probably you already know :-)

I will continue to do some more testing, starting from -O3 and others 
that you may suggest.


More information about the Oisf-users mailing list