[Oisf-users] Suricata Myricom and 10Gbit

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 23:47:38 UTC 2014

                     SNF recv pkts:            328287934
                SNF drop ring full:                    0

OK. So. The data ring size is for all wokers, i.e. if I allocate 10GB than
I need just 10GB of physical memory. What made me think otherwise are tools
like top, htop, free -m. They actually show num_workers x data_ring_size =
crazy amount of memory I don't have. But because all workers map the same
physical memory it does not matter, because all I need is just a virtual
memory to handle the mapping and that's it.

Sending around 3.5Gbit/sec now (in peak, goes down to 2Gbit/sec) and
myricom says that suricata takes all the packets. Will debug the Suricata
performance later tomorrow, it's 2AM :-)

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Michał Purzyński <michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com

--
Michał Purzyński