[Oisf-users] suricata and Tilera

Ken Steele ken_steele at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 17:33:23 UTC 2014

Hi Michael,

The Multicore Development Environment (MDE) is necessary to boot the Tile chip. The MiCA crypto acclerator is not currently integrated with Suricata (but could be used for SSL processing). The mPIPE packet processing engine is used by Suricata to send and receive packets from User Space with no Kernel interaction. The mPIPE hardware does the packet classification, buffer allocation, DMA of the packet data, checksum calculations and load-balancing.

Do you have Tile hardware? If not, I can put you in touch with the right people at Tilera. We also ship precompiled binaries for Suricata along with scripts for starting Suricata on the the Tile-Gx system. Both PCIe cards and stand-alone 1U boxes are available from Tilera directly.

Regards,
-Ken Steele
Member of Technical Staff
Tilera Corporation