[Oisf-users] Occasional burst of packet loss

Yasha Zislin coolyasha at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 18:09:44 UTC 2014

Coop,
That makes sense. So you are saying that if there is a DOS attack to one host, only one thread would be utilized for inspection? It wouldnt just spread out across all detection threads?
Also, I did look at other threads and some have less capture.kernel_packets and some have MORE. These with higher values have no packet loss.
Here is another twist to the story.So these two SPAN ports that I monitor are before and after border firewall. Packet loss occurs only on internal interface. I would think that the firewall has high chance of stopping DOS attack.
Thanks for the info.