[Oisf-users] Memory Allocations

Yasha Zislin coolyasha at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 17:50:25 UTC 2014

I dont know if swap starts to be used by Suricata crashes after couple of days of running.In system logs, I have kernel messages such as this:kernel: RxPFReth22 invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x201da, order=0, oom_adj=0, oom_score_adj=0kernel: RxPFReth22 cpuset=/ mems_allowed=0-1kernel: Pid: 60417, comm: RxPFReth22 Not tainted 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64 #1
Then after a ton of stack traces and memory errors, I see this:kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 59782 (Suricata-Main) score 985 or sacrifice childKilled process 59782, UID 501, (Suricata-Main) total-vm:135646364kB, anon-rss:108513440kB, file-rss:21329088kB
I wouldnt be suprised that my buffers are set too big.I am just not clear on some sections on how much RAM they use.and also for stream section, do you need to add memcap and reassembly buffers together or are they part of each other? As far as I understand reassembly buffer needs to be higher than memcap.
I have 132gb of RAM. When suricata starts, it is using 64gb