[Oisf-users] Detecting Non SSL traffic over TCP 443

Özkan KIRIK ozkan.kirik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:35:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

I tried now. But It still matches both SSL and Non SSL traffic.
I am using Suricata 2.0 IPS mode on FreeBSD.

My exact rule is :
drop tcp any any -> any 443 (msg:"SURICATA Port 443 but not SSL/TLS";
flow:to_server;
app-layer-protocol:!tls; sid:991003;)

when this rule is actived, browsers cannot receive https certificates.

Any ideas ?
Thank you