[Oisf-users] Suricata IPS ???

Xavier Romero XRomero at nexica.com
Fri Oct 31 20:02:41 UTC 2014

In my case, I use Suricata to trigger an alert when a DOS/DDOS attack is in progress; then a very simple perl script catch these alerts and launch approppiate commands on our edge firewalls/routers.

For a REAL DoS attack you need to launch BlackHole configurations to your transit providers, otherwise any device in your network would be dos'ed, so the fix needs to be applied before the attack hits your door.

Best regards,
Xavier Romero.

Sent from my iPad