[Oisf-users] Issue with having Suricata alert successfully on successive creation of alert conditions

bakul khanna bakulkhanna at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 00:35:25 UTC 2014

I am experimenting with having Suricata generate an alert, for an ET rule
(sid=2016808), when I perform a  tcpreplay of a pcap file for this rule.

The first time after a Suricata bringup, it does generate the alert. On
subsequent replays of the same pcap file it does not generate the alert.
However if I wait a long time (I tried an hour) and then replay the pcap
file, Suricata successfully alerts then. There is no threshold limits
applied to this rule.

I tried reducing the flow and TCP timeouts in suricata.yaml, but that
didn't seem to help.

Any suggestion on how I can get Suricata to alert successfully on
successive tcpreplays of this pcap file?

Thanks,

-Bakul