[Oisf-users] Suricata rule/config errors

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Sep 15 19:43:00 UTC 2014

On 16/09/2014, at 1:50 am, Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I noticed that you have -
> Rules/raw/
>
> then you are also referring to -
> cat /home/sensors/dmzo/Rules/local.rules
>
> which leads me to the question if your rules directory is the same in
> suricata.yaml?

They are two different machines.  I have a manager from which I download the tar balls once.  Puppet then pushes these out to the sensors and triggers a run of pulledpork to produce the final ruleset which in turn triggers a reload of suricata.

I will however go back and double check everything again!

Russell