[Oisf-users] Cannot create a PID file by default

Jay M. jskier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 15:53:05 UTC 2015

Custom config PID file creation works for me, I use 2.1 beta though
and run suricata as it's own user and group.

Are you running suricata as root? Also look at the yaml to make sure
the config isn't directing to another user after starting it with
root. The PID file gets messy easily with permissions, took some
tuning on my end to get it to run properly with a specified account
(wasn't directly a suricata problem for me).

--
Jay
jskier at gmail.com