[Oisf-users] minor nit with suricata

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Aug 12 21:46:37 UTC 2015

I may have reported this  before — it has been niggling me for quite some time.

If you drop privs with suri then you get this error:

suricata: '13/8/2015 -- 06:28:02 - <Error> - [ERRCODE: SC_ERR_FOPEN(44)] - Failed to reopen file "/home/sensors/data/dmzi/stats.log".Stats logging will now be disabled. ‘

When you reload rules (or is it when suri tries to rollover the stats file).

I am guessing that the problem is that the file is created before suri drops privs (it is owned by root) and when suri tries to reopen it later if fails,

Russell