[Oisf-users] Disable offloading on bond interface

unite unite at openmailbox.org
Thu Feb 5 15:04:38 UTC 2015

So, probably I didn't get it well.

I've read that if I don't disable nic offloading on the interface it
might cause checksum errors so suricata might drop legitimate traffic,
so as I understood for best results I have two options - disable nic
offloading or disable checksum verifying in suricata. Also offloading
needs to be disabled if I want to use file extraction feature.

So if I don't need file extraction at the moment, can I just disable
checksum verifying and it will work all right? Won't it affect
performance/security?

Also, does disabling nic offloading affect CPU usage?

On 2015-01-28 18:42, Cooper F. Nelson wrote:

--
With kind regards,
Aleksey