[Oisf-users] issues with 2.1- beta3

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Feb 16 22:05:14 UTC 2015

Peter

No wonder you are confused — because I am.

A promised I went and did some more systematic testing and found that everything actually works in a straight forward consistent manner (surprise) — the problem was between the chair and the keyboard.

Some how I had the idea that I was getting the detailed startup messages dumped to syslog with just -D.  No, one needs -v whether or not you have -D.  This became apparent as soon as I tried to ‘document’ what was happening.

In future I will refrain from posting late in the afternoon immediately before going home!

Russell