[Oisf-users] Suricata v2.1beta2 with geoip and high ram consumption

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:49:32 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Jay M. <jskier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whoops, not sure why I had nfqueue compiled in; I disabled that as well.
>
> With the two changes, I'm still at 6 - 8 GB allocated RAM out the
> gate. I turned the updates back to every two hours and set timer unit
> to reload instead of restart to see if I can reproduce the problem
> some more.
> --

Hi,

Some more questions/suggestions if i may:
What is your configure line exactly?

I see you are using pcap mode. Can you please try af_packet (with workers)?
In suricata.yaml:

runmode: workers
Then enable af_packet in suricata.yaml for that particular listening
interface and please make sure you change your starting line
accordingly.
You might want to adjust the number of threads in the  af_packet
section (depending on how many cpus you have on the VM)

Would those changes have any different effect?

Thanks

Peter Manev