[Oisf-users] [Discussion] Suricata Performance Tuning (kernel_drops very high)

Barkley, Joey Joey.Barkley at ingramcontent.com
Tue Jan 13 20:01:46 UTC 2015

Ok. Thanks for the suggestions. I had taken it out of workers mode as I read that was for pf_ring and I'm using af_packet. I'll try these suggestions and report back.

I am on centos 6. Not positive of exact kernel version (not at my desk to check) but it would be whatever was available via public yum repos about a month ago. Just took over this project and am learning as I go.

It is possible there are capture problems on that port. I'll check with our network engineers and see what they say about the configuration.

Thanks,

Joey