[Oisf-users] Rotated log files created, but logs go to rotated files

Jeremy MJ jskier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:04:57 UTC 2015

>I do not think the size of the log file is the issue. I have a set up
>that rotates 140GB-180GB eve log daily  - I have not experianced any
>logrotate challenges so far. I think the problem might be somewhere
>else.

Correct, I looked into it and having the log files on a separate
partition from logrotate was the issue. Once installed on the same
partition it's fine. I was aware of this issue with logrotate, however
my test box has grown into a bit of a complicated setup.

I am now able to use logrotate with the eve logs just fine, rotating
daily, several hundred megabytes worth.

Thanks for all of your input - got me going in the right direction!

--
Jeremy MJ