[Oisf-users] Suricata Logs

Andreas Moe moe.andreas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:17:28 UTC 2015

Having around 500k to 1,000k events per day (seeing that you are repetadly
saing you are San Diegos largest employer) is not alot my dear freind.
Thats around 5,7 to 11,5 events per second? Not realy touching the limits
of what either ELK or Splunk have in mind.

My trail of though was that, if a person has 20 suricata sensors, in
different networks, with optimal tuning, and many loging solutions. Well if
they only get 5-10 events per second, something is wrong. Hence, they
should be planning for hundreds to some thousands events per second. And in
that case, email will not simply work. How the hell are you going to
correlate/aggregate similar events? Effectivly filter out alerts / domains
/ IPs / URIs without having to update homebrew-style scripts on every
single sensor?