[Oisf-users] Forwarding Traffic to and from Suricata

Saxena, Samiksha samiksha.saxena at verizon.com
Mon Jun 1 13:28:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a architecture attached, where the internet traffic over SSL is received by a load balance, SSL termination server. The server terminates the SSL session and forward the request to appropriate application server. I want to run suricata (under IPS mode) between the load balance server and application servers to monitor L3,4,7 traffic. All these application are running as a container within the host. The challenge I am facing is to forward the traffic from load balancer server to suricata to appropriate application server. Will you please help me understand how can I redirect the traffic from load balance server to suricata and from suricata to application server, I looked online but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks
Samiksha