[Oisf-users] Suricata in container

Jason Ish lists at unx.ca
Tue Jun 2 15:13:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Saxena, Samiksha
<samiksha.saxena at verizon.com> wrote:
> How to make a container a hop in the traffic?
>
> On 6/2/15, 5:46 AM, "Victor Julien" <lists at inliniac.net> wrote:
>
>>On 05/26/2015 11:31 PM, Saxena, Samiksha wrote:
>>> Is there a way to configure suricata in container for IPS? I want to
>>> forward all the traffic coming from internet to a Load balancer
>>> container forwarded to Suricata container for IPS. Is this possible and
>>>how?
>>
>>I think it's possible, if you can make the container a hop in the
>>traffic path.

This is going to be heavily dependent on your container configuration.
For example, if you were using Docker with default networking, you
could probably run inline on the docker0 interface, which is like a
hop point between all containers and the external interface.