[Oisf-users] Automate Suricata.yaml file settings

Alan Wanderley dos Santos alan.santos at rnp.br
Fri Jun 12 12:52:34 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Maybe i used bad expressions to send my message.

Build our own scripts is used for configuration AND other specific things related to our project.

Anyway, is very nice get knowledge about the others options.

To contextualize, i'm working on sensors distributed infrastructure. For management, i build a web gui where is possible deploy new rules and updates on configs on each suricata instance.

Take a look on the working mode:

admin -> post new rules or configs in the master server (with web-gui).
engines (suricata instances) -> connect on the master and get all updates.
engines uses scripts to get and parser data.

There are other infos between master and engines.

Reading all these mails i'm convinced that ansible or puppet would do the job. But, in the web-gui, we intent get reports and a lot of specific things. My option is centralize all tasks about management sensors on a single place (web-gui).

Thank's all!

Learning a lot :)

Best Regards,

Alan Santos
Analista de Segurança
Centro de Atendimento a Incidentes de Segurança (CAIS)
Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa (RNP)
(19) 3787-3314 | alan.santos at rnp.br