[Oisf-users] OT: Question about a bpf filter

C. L. Martinez carlopmart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:24:57 UTC 2015

Hi all,

 Sorry to disturb with this question but I have a doubt. I need to
filter traffic that comes to one host from our internal nets and
monitor with suricata.

 In this host, traffic flows like in a web proxy does (in fact, it is
a proxy server for a commercial product). My intention is to monitor
only conections that arrives to this server, but not connections
created by it.

 An example of bpf filter:

 (ip and not src host 1.1.1.1) or (vlan and not src host 1.1.1.1)

 I am not sure if this is ok because, what about response connections
from this server to the client, who has generate the original
connection?

Thanks.