[Oisf-users] Suricata and Dockers

Barkley, Joey Joey.Barkley at ingramcontent.com
Tue Mar 3 22:23:06 UTC 2015

YES!

We are running suricata in a docker container right now. I’ve made heavy customizations to it, but it runs very well. The trick to get it working is to use host-based networking with that container.

I based all my work on this container: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/jasonish/suricata-elk/

I removed elastic search and kibana from it (we have our own internal nodes) and love evebox. Look at his Dockerfile and you should see how he does it. I have no problems with performance now that I figured out how to set my yaml file up (thanks to the good folks on this list).

We plan to use this deployment approach to add multiple sensors across our organization. RAM is the biggest bottleneck at this point.

Joey