[Oisf-users] Issue with installing to Windows

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:20:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Ben Bazian <bbazian at mbopartners.com> wrote:
> I am new to this so please hang in there with me.  I am trying to install
> Suricata on Windows 8.1.  When I try to make the install using Cygwin I am
> getting a configuration error, “ Configure: error: in /tmp/yaml-0.1.5”
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH.  What do I need
> to install to compile?

Hi,

Did you have a chance to look into this guide -
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/attachments/download/757/SuricataWinInstallationGuide_v1.3.pdf
Some parts might not be relevant - but please let us know of the
progress and I will try to help you out.

There is already available Win msi pkg here -
http://suricata-ids.org/download/
should you consider.

Thank you

Peter Manev