[Oisf-users] Now that I have built Suricata...

Brian Keefer chort at effu.se
Fri Mar 20 21:18:13 UTC 2015

It looks like your kernel should support multi-threaded AF_PACKET, so you shouldn't need PF_RING.

Only glaring issue is missing libjansson (needed for EVE logging). I would also recommend turning on GCC stack protection (as long as you aren't running inside a VM).

For EVE you need to install the dependencies. I *think* they're covered here (bonus: You'll get control socket support): https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Interacting_via_Unix_Socket.

To enable stack protection, add this to your ./configure arguments: --enable-gccprotect

--
bk